If you are not a registered client of Ellis Bros you may be able to sell your shares quickly and easily without going through the process of opening a Registered Account.
There are, however, a few conditions:
- You cannot already be an existing Ellis Bros client.
- You can only use the facility ONCE … you must therefore sell your entire holding in a company (or, if you have a number of share investments, you must sell them all at the same time).
- The shares must be held in the name of an individual/s … the One-Off Sale facility cannot be used to sell shares if they are held in the names of Registered Companies or Trusts.
If you meet the above criteria, and you want to use Ellis Bros’ One-Off Sale facility, please provide us with the:
- Full Name/s (including all first names as well as surname)
- Full Postal Address
- IRD number/s
- Date/s of Birth
- Bank A/c number
- Contact phone numbers
- Common Shareholder No. (or Holder No.) and your four-digit Faster Identification No. Or, for Australian shares, your Securityholder Reference No (SRN).
- A Certified copy of photo ID (e.g. passport, drivers license)
- A Certified copy of ‘proof of bank account’ (bank statement, a personalized bank-generated deposit slip, or a cheque)
- An original, or certified copy, of ‘proof of residential address’ (bank statement, power or rates bill, tax notice, etc.)
IMPORTANT: Certification of documentation is required under current International Money Laundering regulations. Acceptable ‘Certifiers’ are:
- Ellis Bros employees
- ANZ Bank employees
- Justices of the Peace
- Chartered Accountants
- Sworn members of the NZ Police
- Notaries Public
- NZ Honorary Consuls
- Members of Parliament
Certified copies of the photo identification, proof of bank account and proof of residential address can either be scanned and emailed to us below, or faxed to Ellis Bros on 09 4861133.
Ellis Bros’ standard brokerage rate is 1% of the dollar-value of the shares bought/sold (a minimum brokerage charge of $NZ60 applies to NZ transactions, and $A80 to Australian transactions). A $5.50 NZX trade levy also applies to sales of NZ shares.
Funds released from the sale of your shares are transferred to your nominated bank account two business days after the transaction date.